Name Your Demons

Hell is not a place, it is a mindset and God is a particle vibrating inside us. 
No one wishes for a life of darkness and pain and yet somehow we seem to stumble head on into it. I never wanted to be a survivor of unspeakable violence, yet ironically it's a badge of honor I can wear proudly albeit under my skin where no one can see it. 
I have names for my demons, there is intolerance, and uncertainty, fear and suspicion and I have angels too, they are strength, and music and the color blue and compassion. 
The worst days are the ones when they all meet on a field of battle and vie for dominance. I want my strength to win but intolerance is sometimes just too strong and music can't always drown out uncertainty and fear. Suspicion stamps out compassion and all I see is red not blue. 
I wish I were sitting on a beach looking up at the dark night sky being transfixed by the stars while the sound of the ocean lulls me into a state of peace. 
Peace is my brass ring and my most important demon of all, for peace is the drug the devil dangles in front of us. 


Sent from my iPad

Comments

Popular Posts