Dislocated Worker

I am now considered a Dislocated Worker for a number of reasons.
I feel as though this label is a bit unfair.
I am not dislocated, I am right where I have always been, but I am a worker, a hard worker who takes pride in everything I accomplish.
I am not out of date, I am a work in progress always and forever learning.
I am not an old deteriorating body, with my diet and work out routine I could easily bench press that little twit who will replace me at my job, but will never be a replacement for my level of honor and work ethic.
I will never be put "Out to Pasture" because grass sometimes makes me sneeze, but I will happily clean and care for that pasture if you feel I am worth paying to do so.
As I sit here and type... maybe 50 WPM, I am overcome with a realization that I am not alone, yet feeling very alone. I feel like making a sign out of cardboard and standing alongside a road flashing the words; READY AND WILLING TO WORK! but I don't want to take that search tool away from our Homeless Veterans who like me have been thrown to the curb.
I have so much to offer and just need that one person, that one place to take a chance on me and show me where I fit in.
 

Comments

Popular Posts