If Wishes Were Fishes




 If wishes were fishes I would be scalp deep in the smelly slimy things.
 When I wish for a fish I always seem to find one and yet I still feel like I am left with nothing but Tarter Sauce.
I pray everyday and wish everyday for answers to my questions and requests for those I hope to lift up through prayer. I know so well why Christians call it 'Devotion' because one must be so intently devoted to taking the time and effort to pray for everyone and everything and yet it seems as though most times I accomplish only the act of praying itself.
I am not one to pray only for myself and the usual stew of miracles, I pray mostly that every homeless animal will find a forever home today and no one will go hungry or be homeless today.
I pray for my friends and my workmates and neighbors and I pray for my pets, my car and my checkbook.
Sometimes when I am in deepest despair I pray for the universe to swallow me whole and push me through to the light.
I have as everyone does much to be thankful for, but there are times when I find it impossible to appreciate all that I have when faced with the suffering of others or when I am being beaten down by daily life.
 I may not express it often but I do love all mankind, all creatures and Mother Earth and the spectacular force that created all of it, but some days I am too weary to wrap that little worm around my hook and drop a line.
Sometimes all I can do is tread water. I am so much better and together than I was this time last year and for this I am so very thankful but I still toss my pennies in the pond.
I wish for that one special door to be opened to me. What do you wish for today?

 I

Comments

Popular Posts