Long Time No See

I have been away from my blog here for awhile, mostly because no one ever reads them or responds to them even when I post them to Face Book and so I have not felt like my work here has been important to anyone.
Why Should I continue to pour my heart out here or anywhere when no one is listening? I am not feeling sorry for myself but I feel a bit like I have been pushed to the back burner in some people's lives and completely off the cliff in others. Now I will say in defense of my friends and family that I am a bit anti social, but I have taken a day trip with loved ones last week and last month went to supper with a good friend.
I have not been keeping up with Face Book either because it is now become nothing more than an endless loop of the same stale proclamations, affirmations, failed attempts at humor and ridiculous chain mail about posting this or that if you have a loved one in heaven or know someone who has suffered with cancer or miss your parents...blah blah blah!
Of course I know someone who is or has suffered cancer, we all have and ya I have people who I miss because they are dead, but posting a picture of a candle or artificially colored rose is not going to impact my loss, bring them back or magically make the world the better place. ok, ok I will say that some folks post really great recipes.
I never use my Google version of Face Book either. I miss Andy Rooney. I miss TV stations. I love my Netflix and my pets. I never check my email accounts more than maybe once per day.
So I sound like I am on the verge of achieving "Shut In" status and perhaps I am. I am bored and lonely, but I do not find any relief in Social Media, in fact it makes me a little sick to think that it is the only socialization some people get, oh and yes I am being stalked by someone on Face Book, well sort of, he actually just waits for me to show up as "Active" then sends me messages I don't welcome.
I feel so exposed when I'm online, like there is some irritating entity lurking in my internet background just waiting to see my green light, then pounce on me with some scam, spam, unwanted ad, or message. Here's a hint, if I want what you are peddling I will come looking for it, until then don't call me I'll call you.
And another thing, PEOPLE QUIT POSTING LOONY TUNES CHARACTERS WITH STATEMENTS CLAIMING YOU ARE CRAZY OR NUTTY OR ANYTHING BECASUE YOU ARE NOT AS INTERESTING AS YOU THINK!
Ahh I feel a bit better now.
 

Comments

Popular Posts