Just A Moment









Since becoming unemployed in October, I have been attending workshops and groups focused on supporting and assisting people with life transitioning.
Through this period, I have worked very hard at making certain that I keep my internal balance in check and take care of myself from the inside out.
It can be overwhelming to lose your job especially for a single woman. Since we are by nature the nurturers we tend to take this attribute into the workplace and relate to and identify with our work mates in ways that men may not, and this can create an emotional fulfillment that is lost when the job is lost.
 It is of course about the loss of income and that nagging feeling a failing.It is these emotions that can destroy ones ability not only do the important work of job searching, but also destroys any self esteem, self confidence and  factors that we identified with in our lost position.
I have been practicing Yoga for twelve years and keep this going each day, but I am moving beyond Yoga to focus on meditation to stay clear and  de-stress and I have been researching and practicing many new and interesting dietary practices that I am not only loving, but I feel amazing!
My history of trying to over achieve and panic when I am not perfect just seemed to slough away when I started to concentrate on simple things like just breathing or watching a single bird.
I love to work with my hands and I have been keeping myself busy with home projects such as decorating my walls, coloring my posters and I restored an old eight track tape player for a special persons Christmas gift.
I am going more organic and making smarter choices at the supermarket.
With all of this in place it seems like I have no time at all for anything else, but by trimming away my negative emotions and turning off those recorded messages in the back of my mind telling me I am not worth it, it is really simple once you get started and they make the difference I need to survive this time in my life.
My favorite part of the day is the time when I sit in complete silence, focus on my breathing and just 'Be' in the moment, let my mind go where it will, relax and be still for a moment or a few just being...

Comments

Popular Posts