The Passing




Dad has reached Uncle David on the other side. His relief is profound as he has been in an unlit place since his passing a few days ago and he seems disoriented and confused.
I can see Uncle David, his form is grey and faded like an old photograph, but he is happy.
David reaches for his brother, my Dad, Fred and they linger in an embrace of warm loving energy. 
David tells Fred that Mammie has made the [Feather] bed up for him and it's time to say goodbye and go to sleep.
It is warm where they are passing through and they happen upon a man picking berries, he nods in their direction then returns to his task. "Hey!" isn't that Uncle Pat? Fred asks.
 David doesn't answer, but simply nods.
Their path is bathed in a soft glow coming from an unknown source.
When they reach the house that Mammie built David can see her but Fred cannot. Fred lingers outside and walks to the back of the house. Mammie tells David it will be dark soon and to call Fred in from the field. Fred is standing in the rows of corn growing behind the house. and he is overcome with awe at how vibrant, vivid and unnaturally spectacular the green and yellow stalks are! He himself senses his own vibrancy returning after so many decades. He runs his hand over his head and to his surprise his black hair has returned and all his youth is flowing back.
"Just one more minute?" he begs of David, but David tells him there will be another day just like this tomorrow.
Fred steps inside the house and sights, sounds and smells come back like a faint wind.
He senses a Maternal presence, but cannot see or hear it's origins, he just knows he is home for now.
He steps further into the house and the door behind seems to melt into the structure as does each room as he moves toward the feather bed. He lies down as more and more memories flutter in and out, memories of a long life lived. His journey now ended as it begins.

My Dad passed away 11/18/14. I was unable to attend his funeral yesterday out of state.
I have spent most of my time grieving his loss in silent prayer and meditation. The above is what I experienced during one of those meditations. It is not intended to be picked apart, called right or wrong or criticized. It is just something I experienced in the quiet of my mind and heart.
I love you Dad and sorry for all the arguments we had and the anger I felt toward you at times.
I am sorry I couldn't be there to lay you to rest.
It has never been about love, I have and always will love you, it was about how we chose to be connected. That darkness will always linger in me until my time to pass, but it will be surrounded by forgiveness, grace and mercy.
Your daughter, Julianna
 

Comments

Popular Posts